Maintain Your Solid Surface
Recently, many of our customers choose Solid Surface top to match with their kitchen cabinet design. Yes! Solid surface top is a nice choice to put in your kitchen cabinet. But you will need to learn how to protect and maintain the surface so that you can avoid scratches and dirt.
How to Maintain Your Solid Surface top
Regularly cleaning your solid surface countertop will keep bacteria off the surface and out of your food. You’ll avoid a costly countertop replacement by taking care of your solid surface countertop.
What Do You Need for Cleaning?
- Dishwashing detergent
- A soft cloth
- Mildly abrasive cleaner such as Soft Scrub
- Abrasive pad
The Correct Ways To Do Cleaning and Maintenance
- First, wipe down your solid surface countertop with warm, soapy water and a clean, soft cloth. Dishwashing detergent works well as a mild soap. After you’ve wiped away any grime or dirt, be sure to rinse and then towel dry your countertop to prevent spotting, especially if you live in an area with hard water.
- If you have stubborn residue that won’t come off with soap and water, apply your mildly abrasive cleaner. Dampen a sponge with warm water, and then buff the area in circular motion. After you’ve scrubbed the area, rinse away the cleaner and then dry the counter with a towel. If the residue is still on the counter, lightly buff the area with an abrasive pad.
- Check your solid surface counter for minor cuts and scratches. If you’ve spotted a scratch, apply abrasive cleaner onto a damp sponge. Buff the area in a circular motion, and then rinse and towel dry the surface.
- To keep your solid surface countertop in peak condition, avoid exposing the surface to harsh chemicals such as paint removers and thinners, acetone based cleaners and drain cleaners.
- To prevent minor scratches on your countertop, avoid cutting directly on the surface.
- Avoid placing heat-producing kitchen appliances on your countertops. Heat can discolor the surface and leave burn marks.
Please come back and check regularly, we will be sharing more tips on “How To” on our website. We are not only selling products but we are also providing the solutions of how to maintain and take care of your kitchen products.